- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 cup lemonade
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- extra flour, for dusting
- jam and cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Lightly flour a baking tray.
- 2Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Pour in lemonade and cream and mix to a soft sticky dough. Scrape onto a generously floured surface. Knead very lightly and press into 3 cm thick disc. Using a 6cm cutter, cut dough into rounds and place on a baking paper lined oven tray. Gently knead scraps of dough together, repeat pressing and cutting.
- 3Lightly brush tops with a little extra cream and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and tops are browned.
- 4Serve with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021