- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 cup lemonade
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- extra flour, for dusting
- jam and cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Lightly flour a baking tray.
- 2Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Pour in lemonade and cream and mix to a soft sticky dough. Scrape onto a generously floured surface. Knead very lightly and press into 3 cm thick disc. Using a 6cm cutter, cut dough into rounds and place on a baking paper lined oven tray. Gently knead scraps of dough together, repeat pressing and cutting.
- 3Lightly brush tops with a little extra cream and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and tops are browned.
- 4Serve with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019