- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 cup lemonade
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- extra flour, for dusting
- jam and cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Lightly flour a baking tray.
- 2Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Pour in lemonade and cream and mix to a soft sticky dough. Scrape onto a generously floured surface. Knead very lightly and press into 3 cm thick disc. Using a 6cm cutter, cut dough into rounds and place on a baking paper lined oven tray. Gently knead scraps of dough together, repeat pressing and cutting.
- 3Lightly brush tops with a little extra cream and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and tops are browned.
- 4Serve with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 chocolate recipes for those of us who can't get enoughYesterday 5:44am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeYesterday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesJul 24, 2021
- 34 delicious duck recipesJul 24, 2021
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsJul 24, 2021
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingJul 24, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021