These sweet coffee-infused shortbread biscuits make the ideal homemade gift his Christmas. Give the gift of something sweet.
- 250 grams softened butter
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- ¼ cup demerara sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Line oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 3Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sifted flour, in two batches. Dissolve instant coffee granules in 1 teaspoon boiling water; stir coffee mixture into dough.
- 4Refrigerate until firm. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using assorted star-shaped cutters, cut shapes from dough; place on trays.
- 5Bake about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with demerara sugar; cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021