These sweet coffee-infused shortbread biscuits make the ideal homemade gift his Christmas. Give the gift of something sweet.
- 250 grams softened butter
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- ¼ cup demerara sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Line oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 3Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sifted flour, in two batches. Dissolve instant coffee granules in 1 teaspoon boiling water; stir coffee mixture into dough.
- 4Refrigerate until firm. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using assorted star-shaped cutters, cut shapes from dough; place on trays.
- 5Bake about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with demerara sugar; cool on trays.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon chicken casseroleYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022