- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 gram diced lamb
- 4 (100g) baby onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry red wine
- 3/4 cup (180ml) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 20 gram butter
- 2 (sheets) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1Heat half of the oil in large saucepan, cook lamb in batches, uncovered, until browned all over. Heat remaining oil in same pan, cook onion, stirring, until soft. Add flour, cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually add wine, stock, paste and rosemary leaves, stir until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in lamb, cool 10 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease four holes of 6-hole (¾-cup/180ml) texas muffin pan with butter.
- 3Cut two 13cm rounds from opposite corners of each pastry sheet, cut two 9cm rounds from remaining corners of each sheet. Place larger rounds in pan holes to cover bases and sides, trim any excess pastry, prick bases with fork.
- 4Spoon lamb mixture into pastry cases, brush around edges with a little egg. Top pies with smaller rounds, gently press around edges to seal. Brush pies with remaining egg, press one rosemary sprig into top of each pie.
- 5Bake pies, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand 5 minutes in pan before serving. Serve with peas, if desired.
Diced lamb can be bought from supermarkets and butchers. If you prefer to dice the lamb yourself, shoulder meat is very good. Ask the butcher to bone the shoulder for you, and discard as much fat as possible.Serve pies topped with mashed potato, gravy and freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020