- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/3 cup jam
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- 1Grease a 25cm x 30cm Swiss roll pan, line base and sides with paper, grease paper well.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 3Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beat until dissolved between each addition. Transfer mixture to large bowl, fold in sifted flour and water. Spread mixture into prepared pan, bake about 10 minutes. Warm jam gently in saucepan over low heat. Turn cake immediately on to paper, sprinkled with extra sugar. Trim edges from sides of cake. Spread hot cake evenly with hot jam, roll up from the short side using paper as a guide.
Keeping time: 1 day. This is delicious served warm with cream either as a cake or a dessert.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020