Hot seafood platter
- 500 gram firm white fish cutlets, skinned
- 500 gram calamari rings
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 cup (140g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tomato (150g), halved
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 12 oysters, on the half shell
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 3 slice pancetta (45g), chopped finely
- 8 uncooked large king prawns (560g)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
Hot seafood platter
- 1Halve fish lengthways, discard bones; cut each half into three pieces. Coat fish and calamari in flour, then in combined milk and egg, and finally in combined breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese and rind. Cover; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, using largest holes on a four-sided grater, grate tomato halves, from cut-side, into small bowl; discard skin. Stir in vodka, sauces and juice.
- 3Heat oil in large deep frying pan; shallow-fry fish and calamari, in batches, until browned and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 4Meanwhile, place oysters on oven tray. Divide tomato mixture among oysters; top with celery and pancetta. Place under hot grill about 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp.
- 5Cook prawns on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned lightly and cooked through.
You could also shell and pre-cook the prawns and serve them cold with garlic aioli, for a mixture of hot and cold seafood.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceSep 18, 2020
- Lemon dessert recipesSep 18, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeSep 18, 2020
- Vegetarian quiche recipesSep 18, 2020
- TiramisuSep 17, 2020
- How to make an Aperol spritzSep 17, 2020
- Tiramisu self-saucing puddingSep 17, 2020
- 23 luscious lemon recipesSep 17, 2020
- Mushroom aranciniSep 17, 2020
- Zucchini and haloumi sliceSep 17, 2020
- 15 tantalising tiramisu recipesSep 17, 2020
- Mini quichesSep 17, 2020
- 20 classic baking recipesSep 17, 2020
- Lemon and zucchini polenta cakeSep 17, 2020
- Chilli seafood pizzaSep 17, 2020
- Chicken teriyakiSep 17, 2020