- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 250 gram sausage mince
- 250 gram beef mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon chopped flatleaf parsley
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to very hot, 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Heat oil in a small frying pan; cook onion, garlic, celery and fennel seeds until soft but not browned.
- 3In a large bowl, combine minces, onion mixture, tomato paste, breadcrumbs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper; mix well until combined.
- 4Cut pastry sheets into three pieces. Spoon one-sixth of the mince mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose filling.
- 5Cut each roll into 6 pieces; place rolls, seam side down, onto baking tray.
- 6Divide mince mixture into quarters. Spoon each quarter of mixture along centre of each pastry piece.
- 7Turn one long side of pastry over mince mixture; brush pastry flap with a little egg. Turn over other long side of pastry to enclose mince mixture.
- 8Brush rolls with egg; bake 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- 9Stand sausage rolls 5 minutes before serving with tomato sauce and salad if desired.
Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021