- 1/3 (100g) bunch green kale
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (140g) sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup (55g) white chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 1 cup (140g) slivered almonds
- 1 cup (170g) raw buckwheat
- 3 teaspoons spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) melted coconut oil, extra
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line three large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Tear kale leaves from stems; discard stems. Place kale on one oven tray, drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon; massage oil and cinnamon into kale. Bake kale for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until crisp. When cool enough to handle, using your hands, crush kale finely.
- 3Meanwhile, place seeds, almonds and buckwheat in a large bowl; sprinkle with spirulina and remaining cinnamon. Stir vanilla into extra coconut oil, drizzle over seed mixture with maple syrup; toss to coat. Spread mixture evenly over remaining oven trays.
- 4Roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway, or until nuts are golden. Cool. Combine crushed kale with seed mixture.
Greenola will keep in an airtight container for up to a month and is delicious served with dairy-free milk or coconut yoghurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Raspberry and custard tea cakeJun 24, 2019
- Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewersJun 23, 2019
- Apricot bliss ballsJun 23, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJun 21, 2019
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesJun 19, 2019
- 19 indulgent dark chocolate recipesJun 19, 2019
- 12 lovely lentil recipesJun 19, 2019
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019