This creamy, fragrant sauce is perfect for dipping your crispy chips or dolloping on your homemade burger or sandwich.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (160ml) extra light olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Combine egg yolks, mustard and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add oils in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until mixture thickens.
- 2Using mortar and pestle, crush garlic and remaining salt to smooth paste. Stir paste, vinegar and juice into mayonnaise.
Aïoli comes from the south of France. Store aïoli in a screw-top jar in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- 18 vegetarian lasagne recipesJul 22, 2021
- Very green veggie curryJul 21, 2021
- Spiced vegetable biryaniJul 21, 2021
- Cherry lattice pies for your pie makerJul 21, 2021
- Chicken and vegetable risottoJul 21, 2021