This creamy, fragrant sauce is perfect for dipping your crispy chips or dolloping on your homemade burger or sandwich.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (160ml) extra light olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Combine egg yolks, mustard and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add oils in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until mixture thickens.
- 2Using mortar and pestle, crush garlic and remaining salt to smooth paste. Stir paste, vinegar and juice into mayonnaise.
Aïoli comes from the south of France. Store aïoli in a screw-top jar in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021