- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (160ml) extra light olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Combine egg yolks, mustard and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add oils in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until mixture thickens.
- 2Using mortar and pestle, crush garlic and remaining salt to smooth paste. Stir paste, vinegar and juice into mayonnaise.
Aïoli comes from the south of France. Store aïoli in a screw-top jar in the refrigerator for up to three days.