These allergy friendly fruit mince tarts are gluten-free, wheat-free, yeast-free, egg-free and nut-free.
- 1 1/4 cup (225g) rice flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) (corn) cornflour
- 1/4 cup (30g) soya flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 150 gram cold butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoon cold water, approximately
Fruit mince tarts
- 1/2 cup (80g) coarsely chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1/3 cup (45g) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely chopped dried apple
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brandy
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar, to sprinkle
- 2 teaspoon pure icing sugar, to dust
Fruit mince tarts
- 1To make pastry, process flours, sugar and butter until fine. Add enough of the water to make ingredients come together. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Combine fruit, brandy, the water, brown sugar and spice in small saucepan; stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring, until liquid is absorbed and fruit is plump and tender. Stir in rind; cool. Blend or process cold fruit mixture until mixture forms a paste
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease 12-hole (1½-tablespoons/30ml) shallow round-based patty pan
- 4Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick; cut 12 x 7cm rounds from pastry. Ease pastry rounds into pan holes, press into base and side; prick bases with fork. Spoon fruit mixture into pastry cases.
- 5Cut six 5cm stars; top six tarts with stars. Cut six 6cm rounds from remaining pastry; cut 3cm stars from each round, discard these stars. Place rounds on remaining six tarts. Brush tops with a little extra water. Sprinkle tarts with caster sugar.
- 6Bake tarts about 15 minutes. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar.
Tarts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Fruit mince mixture will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020