Looking for more custard dessert recipes?
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 90 gram cold butter, chopped coarsely
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon water, approximately
- ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 1Sift flours and sugar into bowl, rub in butter. Add egg and enough water to make ingredients cling together. Press dough into a ball, knead on floured surface until smooth. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 3Roll dough on floured surface until large enough to line 23cm pie plate. Lift pastry into pie plate, gently ease into side of plate, trim edge.
- 4Place pie plate on oven tray, line pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans, bake further 10 minutes or until pastry is browned lightly, cool.
- 5Meanwhile make custard filling Whisk eggs, extract and sugar in bowl until combined. Heat milk until hot, quickly whisk into egg mixture.
- 6Pour custard into pastry case, bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle custard evenly with nutmeg, bake further 15 minutes or until custard is just set, cool. Refrigerate until cold.
Recipe can be made a day ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021