- 600 grams (1¼ pounds) hard tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 2 fresh long red chillies, seeded
- 10cm (4-inch) stick fresh lemon grass (20g), white part only, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/2 pomelo (340g), segmented (see tips)
- 1/4 medium cabbage (375g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into long thin strips (see tips)
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pomelo juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1Pat tofu dry with paper towel. Finely chop 1 chilli; thinly slice other chilli. Combine lemon grass, chopped chilli and oil in a large shallow dish. Add tofu; turn to coat. Stand for at least 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, make ginger dressing: combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste. Reserve 1/3 cup of the dressing.
- 3Place pomelo segments, cabbage, carrot, onion, coriander and sliced chilli in a large bowl with remaining dressing; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- 4Cook tofu, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over high heat for 3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- 5Divide slaw between serving bowls. Serve topped with tofu slices, drizzled with reserved dressing. ginger dressing. Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste.
Tofu can be marinated a day ahead; keep covered in the fridge. To segment the pomelo, cut the top and bottom from pomelo; cut off the rind with the white pith, following the curve of the fruit. Cut down either side of each segment close to the membrane to release the segment. You can use grapefruit instead of pomelo. Use a julienne peeler to cut the carrot into long thin strips. Julienne peelers are available from kitchenware stores and Asian food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021