- 600 grams (1¼ pounds) hard tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 2 fresh long red chillies, seeded
- 10cm (4-inch) stick fresh lemon grass (20g), white part only, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/2 pomelo (340g), segmented (see tips)
- 1/4 medium cabbage (375g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into long thin strips (see tips)
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pomelo juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 1Pat tofu dry with paper towel. Finely chop 1 chilli; thinly slice other chilli. Combine lemon grass, chopped chilli and oil in a large shallow dish. Add tofu; turn to coat. Stand for at least 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, make ginger dressing: combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste. Reserve 1/3 cup of the dressing.
- 3Place pomelo segments, cabbage, carrot, onion, coriander and sliced chilli in a large bowl with remaining dressing; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- 4Cook tofu, in batches, on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over high heat for 3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- 5Divide slaw between serving bowls. Serve topped with tofu slices, drizzled with reserved dressing. ginger dressing. Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste.
Tofu can be marinated a day ahead; keep covered in the fridge. To segment the pomelo, cut the top and bottom from pomelo; cut off the rind with the white pith, following the curve of the fruit. Cut down either side of each segment close to the membrane to release the segment. You can use grapefruit instead of pomelo. Use a julienne peeler to cut the carrot into long thin strips. Julienne peelers are available from kitchenware stores and Asian food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020