- 1 3kg Crackling Ham
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse cooking salt
- 1Remove ham packaging and wipe off any excess moisture with paper towel. Place on a rack in a medium baking dish. Stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. If you have time, leave uncovered in the fridge overnight before cooking to help the rind dry.
- 2Carefully score across the rind every 5mm using a small sharp knife. Use the light score marks already on the rind as a guide. Massage the ham with the oil and the salt. Allow to stand for a further 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced).
- 4Place into the middle of the oven, roast until the skin starts to blister and crackle, rotating the baking dish halfway (60-75 minutes depending on your oven).
- 5Reduce the temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and cook for a further 1 hour or until heated through (the internal temperature will reach approximately 60°C).
- 6Remove from the oven and, using serrated knife, carve into slices.
Serve with salt and vinegar roast potatoes
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020