Combine the best of ham and roast pork with this traditional boneless ham topped with a deliciously crispy crackling.
- 1 3kg Crackling Ham
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse cooking salt
- 1Remove ham packaging and wipe off any excess moisture with paper towel. Place on a rack in a medium baking dish. Stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. If you have time, leave uncovered in the fridge overnight before cooking to help the rind dry.
- 2Carefully score across the rind every 5mm using a small sharp knife. Use the light score marks already on the rind as a guide. Massage the ham with the oil and the salt. Allow to stand for a further 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced).
- 4Place into the middle of the oven, roast until the skin starts to blister and crackle, rotating the baking dish halfway (60-75 minutes depending on your oven).
- 5Reduce the temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and cook for a further 1 hour or until heated through (the internal temperature will reach approximately 60°C).
- 6Remove from the oven and, using serrated knife, carve into slices.
Serve with salt and vinegar roast potatoes
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 chocolate recipes for those of us who can't get enoughYesterday 5:44am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeYesterday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesJul 24, 2021
- 34 delicious duck recipesJul 24, 2021
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsJul 24, 2021
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingJul 24, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021