- 1 3kg Crackling Ham
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse cooking salt
- 1Remove ham packaging and wipe off any excess moisture with paper towel. Place on a rack in a medium baking dish. Stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. If you have time, leave uncovered in the fridge overnight before cooking to help the rind dry.
- 2Carefully score across the rind every 5mm using a small sharp knife. Use the light score marks already on the rind as a guide. Massage the ham with the oil and the salt. Allow to stand for a further 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced).
- 4Place into the middle of the oven, roast until the skin starts to blister and crackle, rotating the baking dish halfway (60-75 minutes depending on your oven).
- 5Reduce the temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and cook for a further 1 hour or until heated through (the internal temperature will reach approximately 60°C).
- 6Remove from the oven and, using serrated knife, carve into slices.
Serve with salt and vinegar roast potatoes
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesYesterday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesYesterday 12:20am
- Scone recipesApr 07, 2020
- PikeletsApr 07, 2020
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesApr 07, 2020
- White sauceApr 07, 2020
- Sausage casseroleApr 07, 2020
- Irish soda bread rollsApr 07, 2020
- Gluten-free sconesApr 07, 2020
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieApr 07, 2020
- Easter baking ideasApr 07, 2020
- 20 classic baking recipesApr 07, 2020
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020