Combine the best of ham and roast pork with this traditional boneless ham topped with a deliciously crispy crackling.
- 1 3kg Crackling Ham
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse cooking salt
- 1Remove ham packaging and wipe off any excess moisture with paper towel. Place on a rack in a medium baking dish. Stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. If you have time, leave uncovered in the fridge overnight before cooking to help the rind dry.
- 2Carefully score across the rind every 5mm using a small sharp knife. Use the light score marks already on the rind as a guide. Massage the ham with the oil and the salt. Allow to stand for a further 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced).
- 4Place into the middle of the oven, roast until the skin starts to blister and crackle, rotating the baking dish halfway (60-75 minutes depending on your oven).
- 5Reduce the temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and cook for a further 1 hour or until heated through (the internal temperature will reach approximately 60°C).
- 6Remove from the oven and, using serrated knife, carve into slices.
Serve with salt and vinegar roast potatoes
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- How to start a food blogYesterday 1:00pm
- Peaches and cream pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Our classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Roti canai flatbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021
- Baked bean and ricotta-stuffed mushroomOct 19, 2021
- Easy combination fried riceOct 19, 2021
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingOct 19, 2021
- 24 perfect pineapple recipesOct 19, 2021
- Honey mustard chicken stripOct 18, 2021
- Mediterranean roast vegetablesOct 18, 2021
- How to make basic sconesOct 18, 2021