- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut cream, warmed
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1Combine coconut and coconut cream in a small bowl. Stand 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- 2Combine flour, icing sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut mixture and milk. Using a knife, "cut" coconut mixture and milk through flour mixture to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead briefly until smooth, then shape into a 2cm-thick round.
- 4Using a 5.5cm cutter dipped into flour, cut round from dough. Place scones side by side on prepared tray. Brush tops with extra milk to glaze. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and well risen. Serve scones with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022