- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut cream, warmed
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1Combine coconut and coconut cream in a small bowl. Stand 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- 2Combine flour, icing sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut mixture and milk. Using a knife, "cut" coconut mixture and milk through flour mixture to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead briefly until smooth, then shape into a 2cm-thick round.
- 4Using a 5.5cm cutter dipped into flour, cut round from dough. Place scones side by side on prepared tray. Brush tops with extra milk to glaze. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and well risen. Serve scones with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadToday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayToday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesToday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken noodle soupYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pea and ham soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020