- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut cream, warmed
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1Combine coconut and coconut cream in a small bowl. Stand 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- 2Combine flour, icing sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut mixture and milk. Using a knife, "cut" coconut mixture and milk through flour mixture to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead briefly until smooth, then shape into a 2cm-thick round.
- 4Using a 5.5cm cutter dipped into flour, cut round from dough. Place scones side by side on prepared tray. Brush tops with extra milk to glaze. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and well risen. Serve scones with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Baker's dozen homemade croissantsJan 18, 2022
- Cauliflower mac 'n' cheeseJan 18, 2022