- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut cream, warmed
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1Combine coconut and coconut cream in a small bowl. Stand 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- 2Combine flour, icing sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut mixture and milk. Using a knife, "cut" coconut mixture and milk through flour mixture to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead briefly until smooth, then shape into a 2cm-thick round.
- 4Using a 5.5cm cutter dipped into flour, cut round from dough. Place scones side by side on prepared tray. Brush tops with extra milk to glaze. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and well risen. Serve scones with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019