- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut cream, warmed
- 3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1Combine coconut and coconut cream in a small bowl. Stand 20 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- 2Combine flour, icing sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut mixture and milk. Using a knife, "cut" coconut mixture and milk through flour mixture to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead briefly until smooth, then shape into a 2cm-thick round.
- 4Using a 5.5cm cutter dipped into flour, cut round from dough. Place scones side by side on prepared tray. Brush tops with extra milk to glaze. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and well risen. Serve scones with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021