- 125 gram (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 90 gram (3 ounces) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 125 gram (4 ounces) frozen raspberries
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar, egg and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flours, cocoa and soda, in two batches; stir in chocolate and frozen raspberries.
- 3Using damp hands, drop level tablespoons of mixture 5cm (2 inches) apart onto trays; flatten into 4cm (1½-inch) rounds.
- 4Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until a biscuit can be pushed gently without breaking. Stand cookies on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Cookies will keep, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlToday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsToday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Silverside frittersYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pumpkin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020