- 125 gram (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 90 gram (3 ounces) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 125 gram (4 ounces) frozen raspberries
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar, egg and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flours, cocoa and soda, in two batches; stir in chocolate and frozen raspberries.
- 3Using damp hands, drop level tablespoons of mixture 5cm (2 inches) apart onto trays; flatten into 4cm (1½-inch) rounds.
- 4Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until a biscuit can be pushed gently without breaking. Stand cookies on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Cookies will keep, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021