- 6 (1kg) chicken thigh cutlets, skin removed
- 6 (900g) chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 gram button mushrooms
- 250 gram flat mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 2 (300g) medium brown onions, sliced thickly
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 425 gram can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in a 3.5 litre (14-cup) flameproof casserole dish over medium heat; cook chicken, in batches, for about 3-5 minutes, or until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- 3Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the liquid from dish; cook mushrooms, onion and garlic, stirring, for about 2-3 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- 4Blend flour and wine; add to dish; add stock, wine, paste and tomatoes; stir over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, or until mixture boils and thickens. Return chicken to dish; bake, covered, for about 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
- 5Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Recipe can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022