- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 250 grams (8 ounces) minced (ground) pork
- 1 finely chopped chipotle chilli in adobo sauce, plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 40 grams gem lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 medium avocado (250g), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 20 grams snow pea shoots
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- extra gem lettuce leaves, to serve
- chilli sauce, to serve
Carrot taco shells
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) coarsely grated carrot (around 3 carrots)
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated manchego cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup (35g) oat flour
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Steam or boil carrot for 3 minutes or until tender. Place in a tea towel and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Place in a medium bowl with cheese, egg and flour; stir to combine. Season.
- 3Divide carrot mixture into quarters; spread out into four 14cm (5½-inch) rounds on trays. Bake taco shells for 20 minutes or until golden; stand on trays for 1 minute.
- 4Taking care as shells will still be warm, bend each round over a small bottle to form a taco shape. Leave to cool on bottle.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook pork, breaking up any lumps with a spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add chilli; cook for a further 1 minute. Season to taste.
- 6Swirl reserved adobo sauce, if using, through yoghurt. Divide shredded lettuce, pork mixture, avocado, combined lime juice and onion, yoghurt mixture and pea shoots evenly
among taco shells. Serve with lime wedges, extra lettuce leaves and no-nasties chilli sauce.
*Manchego is a semi-firm Spanish sheep's milk cheese available from major supermarkets and delis. Substitute with mature cheddar, if you like.
- Use an old yet clean tea towel for squeezing the grated carrot, as it may stain.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019