Looking for more muffin recipes?
- 2 ¼ cup (335g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 100 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 grams blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a 12-hole (⅓ cup/80ml) muffin pan.
- 2Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl.
- 3Whisk butter, buttermilk and egg in a jug; stir into dry ingredients. Do not over mix; mixture should be lumpy.
- 4Add berries; stir through gently. Spoon mixture into pan holes.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes. Leave in pan for 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
All these muffins can be prepared ahead of time, as they freeze well.You could also use a 6-hole (¾ cup/180ml) texas muffin pan; you will need to bake them for 35 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021