Looking for more muffin recipes?
- 2 ¼ cup (335g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 100 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 grams blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a 12-hole (⅓ cup/80ml) muffin pan.
- 2Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl.
- 3Whisk butter, buttermilk and egg in a jug; stir into dry ingredients. Do not over mix; mixture should be lumpy.
- 4Add berries; stir through gently. Spoon mixture into pan holes.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes. Leave in pan for 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
All these muffins can be prepared ahead of time, as they freeze well.You could also use a 6-hole (¾ cup/180ml) texas muffin pan; you will need to bake them for 35 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020