- 1/2 cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster (casterfine) sugar
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 gram (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (75g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease deep 24cm (9½-inch) pie dish.
- 2Combine sifted flour, sugar, coconut, egg, vanilla, butter and milk in dish; sprinkle with berries.
- 3Bake pie about 45 minutes or until browned lightly and just set. Stand 10 minutes before serving.
This dessert is called "impossible" because, while a runny mixture is poured into the cake pan, a three-layered "pie" emerges from the oven. The bottom layer is pastry-like because the flour and butter sink to the bottom; the centre layer is like a custard filling; and the top layer is slightly browned and crusty because the coconut, the lightest ingredient, floats to the top during baking. Recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Roast pork with apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 1:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- MayonnaiseYesterday 1:00pm
- 32 amazing ways with applesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021