- 6 kilogram (12-pound) cooked leg of ham
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sweet sherry
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar, extra
- 2 clove garlic, halved lengthways
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium pineapple (1.25kg), halved, sliced thickly
- 1Cut through rind of ham 10cm (4 inches) from the shank end of the leg. To remove rind, run thumb around edge of rind just under skin. Start pulling rind from widest edge of ham, continue to pull rind carefully away from the fat up to the shank end. Remove rind completely. Score across the fat at about 3cm (1¼-inch) intervals, cutting through the surface of the fat (not the meat) in a diamond pattern. (Do not cut right through the fat or it will spread apart during cooking.)
- 2Place ham in a deep disposable baking dish; rub with combined mustard and sugar. Cook in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, 1 hour.
- 3Meanwhile, stir juice, sherry, extra sugar, garlic and cloves in a small saucepan over heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until glaze reduces by half.
- 4Brush glaze all over ham; cook, covered, using indirect heat, a further 45 minutes, brushing several times with glaze during cooking. Remove from heat, cover ham with foil; rest 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pineapple on heated barbecue, brushing with remaining glaze during cooking.
- 6Serve sliced ham with pineapple.
The ham may be cooked in the oven. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and cook, uncovered, in large baking pan, for about 1¾ hours.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021