- 6 kilogram (12-pound) cooked leg of ham
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sweet sherry
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar, extra
- 2 clove garlic, halved lengthways
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium pineapple (1.25kg), halved, sliced thickly
- 1Cut through rind of ham 10cm (4 inches) from the shank end of the leg. To remove rind, run thumb around edge of rind just under skin. Start pulling rind from widest edge of ham, continue to pull rind carefully away from the fat up to the shank end. Remove rind completely. Score across the fat at about 3cm (1¼-inch) intervals, cutting through the surface of the fat (not the meat) in a diamond pattern. (Do not cut right through the fat or it will spread apart during cooking.)
- 2Place ham in a deep disposable baking dish; rub with combined mustard and sugar. Cook in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, 1 hour.
- 3Meanwhile, stir juice, sherry, extra sugar, garlic and cloves in a small saucepan over heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until glaze reduces by half.
- 4Brush glaze all over ham; cook, covered, using indirect heat, a further 45 minutes, brushing several times with glaze during cooking. Remove from heat, cover ham with foil; rest 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pineapple on heated barbecue, brushing with remaining glaze during cooking.
- 6Serve sliced ham with pineapple.
The ham may be cooked in the oven. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and cook, uncovered, in large baking pan, for about 1¾ hours.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsYesterday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019