- 6 kilogram (12-pound) cooked leg of ham
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sweet sherry
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar, extra
- 2 clove garlic, halved lengthways
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium pineapple (1.25kg), halved, sliced thickly
- 1Cut through rind of ham 10cm (4 inches) from the shank end of the leg. To remove rind, run thumb around edge of rind just under skin. Start pulling rind from widest edge of ham, continue to pull rind carefully away from the fat up to the shank end. Remove rind completely. Score across the fat at about 3cm (1¼-inch) intervals, cutting through the surface of the fat (not the meat) in a diamond pattern. (Do not cut right through the fat or it will spread apart during cooking.)
- 2Place ham in a deep disposable baking dish; rub with combined mustard and sugar. Cook in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, 1 hour.
- 3Meanwhile, stir juice, sherry, extra sugar, garlic and cloves in a small saucepan over heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until glaze reduces by half.
- 4Brush glaze all over ham; cook, covered, using indirect heat, a further 45 minutes, brushing several times with glaze during cooking. Remove from heat, cover ham with foil; rest 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pineapple on heated barbecue, brushing with remaining glaze during cooking.
- 6Serve sliced ham with pineapple.
The ham may be cooked in the oven. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and cook, uncovered, in large baking pan, for about 1¾ hours.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022