- 200 gram dried apricots, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) firmly packed brown sugar
- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (150 grams) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (110 grams) self-raising flour
- 1Preheat oven to slow. Grease 14cm x 21cm loaf pan; line base and sides with baking paper, bringing paper 2cm above sides of pan.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring apricots, nectar and sugars to a boil then simmer, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; add butter, stir until melted. Transfer mixture to large bowl; cover, cool to room temperature.
- 3Stir egg and sifted flours into apricot mixture and spread into prepared pan.
- 4Bake cake in slow oven about 1¼ hours. Cover hot cake tightly with foil; cool in pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021