- 5 large apples (1kg)
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease deep 1.5-litre (6-cup) baking dish.
- 2Peel, core and quarter apples. Cook apples, sugar and the water in large saucepan over low heat, covered, about 10 minutes. Drain; discard liquid.
- 3Meanwhile, to make crumble, blend or process flours, sugar, butter and cinnamon until combined.
- 4Place apples in dish; sprinkle with crumble. Bake about 25 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frostingYesterday 11:22pm
- Lamb kofta with cucumber yoghurtYesterday 11:00pm
- Creamy salmon gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 of our best gnocchi recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy hot cross bunsApr 01, 2020
- Gluten-free banana breadApr 01, 2020
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakesApr 01, 2020
- Chicken, pumpkin and apricot tagineApr 01, 2020
- Salted honeycombApr 01, 2020
- Tuna mornayApr 01, 2020
- Flourless cakesMar 31, 2020
- White sauceMar 31, 2020
- Dinner date recipes to impressMar 31, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 31, 2020
- Princess-themed birthday cakesMar 31, 2020
- 100 years of Australian dinnersMar 31, 2020