- 5 large apples (1kg)
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease deep 1.5-litre (6-cup) baking dish.
- 2Peel, core and quarter apples. Cook apples, sugar and the water in large saucepan over low heat, covered, about 10 minutes. Drain; discard liquid.
- 3Meanwhile, to make crumble, blend or process flours, sugar, butter and cinnamon until combined.
- 4Place apples in dish; sprinkle with crumble. Bake about 25 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Red lentil and pumpkin wrapsToday 1:44am
- 30 quick and easy recipesYesterday 11:46pm
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019