- 5 large apples (1kg)
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease deep 1.5-litre (6-cup) baking dish.
- 2Peel, core and quarter apples. Cook apples, sugar and the water in large saucepan over low heat, covered, about 10 minutes. Drain; discard liquid.
- 3Meanwhile, to make crumble, blend or process flours, sugar, butter and cinnamon until combined.
- 4Place apples in dish; sprinkle with crumble. Bake about 25 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021