- 5 large apples (1kg)
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease deep 1.5-litre (6-cup) baking dish.
- 2Peel, core and quarter apples. Cook apples, sugar and the water in large saucepan over low heat, covered, about 10 minutes. Drain; discard liquid.
- 3Meanwhile, to make crumble, blend or process flours, sugar, butter and cinnamon until combined.
- 4Place apples in dish; sprinkle with crumble. Bake about 25 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Strawberry and almond friand sliceYesterday 9:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaYesterday 6:51am
- Mandarin marmaladeYesterday 6:41am
- Chocolate caramel semifreddo with honeycomb and mandarinYesterday 5:51am
- Mandarin and chai soufflesYesterday 5:13am
- Magical mandarin recipesYesterday 4:37am
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019