- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon hot water (approximately)
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line a 20x30cm slice pan.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine butter and golden syrup. Stir over heat until smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, combine self-raising flour, coconut and sugar. Stir in butter mixture. Gradually blend in combined milk and eggs, until smooth.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked when tested. Turn cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine icing sugar, butter, honey, vanilla essence, and enough hot water to make thick, spreadable icing.
- 6Spread icing over cooled cake. Cut into squares.
Cake can be stored in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsToday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotToday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladToday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019