- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon hot water (approximately)
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line a 20x30cm slice pan.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine butter and golden syrup. Stir over heat until smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, combine self-raising flour, coconut and sugar. Stir in butter mixture. Gradually blend in combined milk and eggs, until smooth.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked when tested. Turn cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine icing sugar, butter, honey, vanilla essence, and enough hot water to make thick, spreadable icing.
- 6Spread icing over cooled cake. Cut into squares.
Cake can be stored in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019