- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon hot water (approximately)
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line a 20x30cm slice pan.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine butter and golden syrup. Stir over heat until smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, combine self-raising flour, coconut and sugar. Stir in butter mixture. Gradually blend in combined milk and eggs, until smooth.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked when tested. Turn cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine icing sugar, butter, honey, vanilla essence, and enough hot water to make thick, spreadable icing.
- 6Spread icing over cooled cake. Cut into squares.
Cake can be stored in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021