- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon hot water (approximately)
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line a 20x30cm slice pan.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine butter and golden syrup. Stir over heat until smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, combine self-raising flour, coconut and sugar. Stir in butter mixture. Gradually blend in combined milk and eggs, until smooth.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked when tested. Turn cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine icing sugar, butter, honey, vanilla essence, and enough hot water to make thick, spreadable icing.
- 6Spread icing over cooled cake. Cut into squares.
Cake can be stored in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- 28 easy ways with bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Ham and cheese croquettesYesterday 2:00pm
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wineYesterday 7:25am
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladYesterday 6:49am
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaYesterday 12:00am
- Chocolate almond macaronsMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022
- BaklavaMay 25, 2022
- Apple, cherry and amaretti crumblesMay 25, 2022
- 33 amazing almond dessertsMay 25, 2022
- 32 sensational meals featuring silverbeetMay 25, 2022