- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 50 gram (1½ ounce) butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 2 tablespoon vegemite
- 1 1/4 cup (150g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Oil a 20cm x 30cm (8-inch x 12-inch) slice pan.
- 2Combine sifted flour and caster sugar in a medium bowl; rub in butter. Stir in milk, mix to a soft sticky dough.
- 3Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead lightly until smooth. Roll dough out between two sheets of floured baking paper to a 28cm x 40cm (11-inch x 16-inch) rectangle. Spread Vegemite over dough; sprinkle with cheese. Starting from a long side, roll dough up firmly; trim ends. Using an oiled serrated knife, cut roll into 12 slices; place pinwheels, cut-side up, in a single layer, in pan. Bake about 30 minutes. Serve pinwheels warm.
Unbaked pinwheels can be frozen for up to a month. Bake them straight from the freezer, adding about 10 minutes to the baking time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022