- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup custard powder
- 1 litre milk
- 60 gram butter
- 2 egg-yolks
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup icing-sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1Preheat oven to very hot, 220°C. Lightly grease and line a 20 x 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
- 2Grease and line 2 baking trays. Place pastry sheets on oven trays. Bake for l0-12 minutes, until golden. Gently flatten pastry with hand. Trim pastry to cover base of prepared pan.
- 3In a jug, combine sugar, cornflour and custard powder. Add a little of the milk to form a smooth paste. Place paste in a large pan with remaining milk and stir until smooth.
- 4Add butter and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth. Remove from heat. Add egg-yolks and vanilla. Pour over prepared pastry sheet. Top with remaining trimmed pastry sheet. Chill for 1 hour.
- 5Meanwhile to make passionfruit icing; combine icing sugar, butter and passionfruit pulp in a small heat-proof bowl. Stir in enough water to make a smooth paste. Place over saucepan of simmering water and heat gently, stirring for 2-3 minutes until mixture is of spreadable consistency. Spread over pastry. Chill for 20 minutes until set. Cut into squares.
Continue stirring custard mixture while heating until boiling to prevent any lumps forming.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020