- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes (600g), halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (175g) LSA (see tip)
- 30 grams (1oz) cold butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 60 grams (2oz) baby spinach
- 1reheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a shallow-sided oven tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on tray; drizzle with oil, season. Roast tomatoes for 40 minutes. Pour any pan juices into a jug.
- 2Meanwhile, grease eight 6cm (2½in) egg rings.
- 3Pulse LSA, butter, water and pepper in a small food processor until ingredients come together. Divide mixture into eight portions; press firmly into rings. Refrigerate until required.
- 4Beat cream cheese in a small bowl with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time; season. Spoon cheese mixture into rings. Lightly press one tomato half on top of each cheesecake.
- 5Bake cheesecakes for 20 minutes or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- 6Meanwhile, press olives with the side of a large knife blade; remove pips. Chop olives finely. Add olives to reserved pan juices; season to taste.
- 7Just before serving, spoon olive mixture over cheesecakes; serve warm with spinach leaves.
LSA is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. It's available from some large supermarkets and health food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021