- 1 tablespoon thai red curry paste
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (70g) coarsely chopped macadamias
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped lemon grass
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 4 x 250g salmon cutlets
- 6 long green chillies, halved, de-seeded
- 2 limes, quartered
- mint leaves, to serve
- thai basil, to serve
- steamed rice, to serve
Thai-spiced salmon cutlets
- 1Make Thai marinade: Combine all the ingredients in a small food processor; process until almost smooth.
- 2Place the salmon cutlets onto a shallow dish and pour over the Thai marinade. Turn to coat the cutlets on both sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high. Cook the chillies for 2-3 minutes on each side or until slightly charred and tender.
- 4Take a sheet of baking paper about the same size as the hot plate and place it on the surface of the grill; cook the salmon cutlets for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked as desired.
- 5Serve the cutlets with the lime wedges, herbs and steamed rice, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.