Sweet and sour pork
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 2 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon salt–reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 650 g pork fillet, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large (300g) red capsicum, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium (200g) green capsicum, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium (170g) red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium (600g) pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 375 g Singapore-style noodles, to serve
Sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Sweet and sour pork
- 1Combine the five-spice, rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and pork in a medium bowl. Combine the oils in a small bowl.
- 2SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3Heat half the oil mixture in a wok over medium to high heat. Stir-fry the capsicum and onion for 4 minutes or until onion is browned lightly. Remove from wok.
- 4Heat half the remaining oil mixture in wok over high heat. Stir-fry half the pork for about 3 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Remove from wok. Repeat with remaining oil and pork.
- 5Add Sweet and Sour Sauce to the wok. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until thickened slightly. Return vegetables and pork to the wok; stir-fry until combined. Add pineapple, stir-fry until heated through.
- 6Serve with fresh coriander leaves and noodles.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vanilla cake with vanilla bean icingOct 20, 2019
- Wheaty banana muffinsOct 20, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019