Steamed jam pudding
- 125 gram softened butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/3 cup sifted self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- cream, pouring custard, to serve
Steamed jam pudding
- 1In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla essence. Lightly fold flour and milk alternately into creamed mixture until combined.
- 3Lightly grease a 5-cup pudding basin. Spoon jam into base, then fill with mixture. Cover basin tightly with greased, baking paper, then foil, and secure with kitchen string around the basin's rim.
- 4Place a small trivet in to pressure cooker. Lower pudding onto trivet. Pour in 4 cups boiling water (water should reach no more than halfway up the basin).
- 5Close the pressure cooker. Bring up to pressure following the manufactures instructions (until steam escapes at a constant rate and there is a regular hissing sound). Reduce heat. Cook on medium for 40 minutes.
- 6Release pressure following instructions. Remove lid and lift pudding from cooker. Set aside 10 minutes. Remove string, foil and paper. Turn onto a plate. Serve hot with cream and custard.
When you tie the baking paper and foil with string, leave a long piece of string to allow for easy removal from the cooker.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021