- 1 1/2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 rashers chopped rindless bacon
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- 150 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1/2 cup defrosted frozen peas
- 100 gram crumbled feta
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 22cm quiche pan.
- 2Join pastry sheets and line pan, trimming to fit. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 3Heat oil in frying pan on high. Fry bacon for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- 4Bake pastry case blind (see tips) for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Remove baking paper and beans or rice. Bake for a further 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- 5In a large jug, whisk eggs and cream together. Stir in green onion and mint. Season to taste. Pour into pastry case. Top with bacon, zucchini, peas and feta. Bake for 30-35 mins or until firm.
Blind baking prevents your pastry case from getting soggy. Before putting in the oven, cover chilled pastry with a layer of baking paper, then weigh baking paper down with dried beans or rice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019