- 1 1/2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 rashers chopped rindless bacon
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- 150 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1/2 cup defrosted frozen peas
- 100 gram crumbled feta
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 22cm quiche pan.
- 2Join pastry sheets and line pan, trimming to fit. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 3Heat oil in frying pan on high. Fry bacon for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- 4Bake pastry case blind (see tips) for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Remove baking paper and beans or rice. Bake for a further 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- 5In a large jug, whisk eggs and cream together. Stir in green onion and mint. Season to taste. Pour into pastry case. Top with bacon, zucchini, peas and feta. Bake for 30-35 mins or until firm.
Blind baking prevents your pastry case from getting soggy. Before putting in the oven, cover chilled pastry with a layer of baking paper, then weigh baking paper down with dried beans or rice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Single cup vs weight in grams for common ingredientsYesterday 4:59am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeYesterday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020