- 2 cup sell-raising flour
- 300 gram thick greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunch (500g) english spinach, leaves finely shredded
- 200 gram feta, crumbled
- 100 gram mozzarella, coarsely grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1Sift 1 1/2 cups flour into a large bowl. Stir in yogurt and salt. Using hands, press dough together. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in remaining flour to form a soft dough. Place dough in a lightly oiled large bowl. Cover with plastic food wrap; rest for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine spinach, feta, mozzarella, onion and mint in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- 3Divide dough into 6 equal portions. For each gozleme, roll a portion of dough on a lightly floured surface to 20cm round. Sprinkle one-sixth of the spinach filling over dough, leaving a 2cm border. Fold dough to form a semicircle. Pinch edges to seal. Sprinkle top with sesame seeds.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over moderately high heat. Cook gozleme, in batches, for 2-3 minute each side or until golden brown, flattening with a spatula during cooking. Cut into wedges. Serve with lemon wedges.
The dough is initially very stiff and crumbly but, as you knead, it will become sticky and soft letting you add little more flour until it is smooth and elastic. You can use various cheeses in this recipe, including ricotta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm