Would you prefer a vegetarian spinach gozleme?
- 4 cup (600g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse cooking salt (kosher salt)
- 1 2/3 cup (410ml) warm water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 500 gram minced lamb
- 400 gram canned diced tomato
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Spinach and cheese filling
- 300 gram spinach, shredded finely
- 1 brown onions (80g), chopped finely
- 250 gram fetta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1Combine flour and salt in large bowl. Gradually stir in the water; mix to a soft dough. Knead dough on floured surface about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Return to bowl; cover.
- 2Make lamb filling. Heat oil in large frying pan; cook garlic and spices until fragrant. Add lamb; cook, stirring, until browned. Add undrained tomatoes; simmer about 15 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in parsley.
- 3Make spinach and cheese filling. Combine ingredients in medium bowl.
- 4Divide dough into six portions; roll each portion on floured surface into 30cm (12-inch) square. Spoon spinach and cheese filling onto dough squares, spreading filling across centre of squares; top each with equal amounts of lamb filling. Fold top and bottom edges of dough over filling; tuck in ends to enclose.
- 5Cook gözleme, both sides, over low heat on oiled grill plate, brushing with oil, until browned lightly and heated through.
Try cooking these in a sandwich press - it works beautifully.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Peanut brittle cannoliToday 4:38am
- Toasted nori chipsToday 3:30am
- Trail mixYesterday 1:00pm
- After-school snack ideas for hungry kidsYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Churros with chilli sugar & caramel sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Greek-style baked eggplantYesterday 1:00pm
- Cauliflower and seeds falafelsYesterday 1:00pm
- 24 healthy snacksYesterday 1:00pm
- Lime and basil shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted carrot hummusYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaJan 19, 2021