- 500 gram cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 125 gram granita biscuits
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 1Grease 2-litre (8-cup) pudding steamer. Cut two long strips of baking paper; place strips on inside of steamer, crossing over at the bottom, extending 5cm over side of steamer.
- 2Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, juice and flour; beat until smooth. Spoon mixture into steamer.
- 3Place steamer, without lid, in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; pour enough boiling water into cooker to come halfway up side of steamer. Cook, covered, on low, 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, blend or process biscuits until fine. Add butter; process until combined. Remove lid from cooker. Press biscuit mixture on top of cheesecake; top with three layers of absorbent paper. Cook, covered, on low, for a further 45 minutes.
- 5Remove steamer from cooker; cool. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
The baking paper strips are used to help remove the cheesecake from the steamer once it's been refrigerated overnight. Place the steamer upside down on a serving plate, gently pull on the paper strips and the cheesecake will ease away from the side of the steamer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019