- 500 gram cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 125 gram granita biscuits
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 1Grease 2-litre (8-cup) pudding steamer. Cut two long strips of baking paper; place strips on inside of steamer, crossing over at the bottom, extending 5cm over side of steamer.
- 2Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, juice and flour; beat until smooth. Spoon mixture into steamer.
- 3Place steamer, without lid, in 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; pour enough boiling water into cooker to come halfway up side of steamer. Cook, covered, on low, 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, blend or process biscuits until fine. Add butter; process until combined. Remove lid from cooker. Press biscuit mixture on top of cheesecake; top with three layers of absorbent paper. Cook, covered, on low, for a further 45 minutes.
- 5Remove steamer from cooker; cool. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
The baking paper strips are used to help remove the cheesecake from the steamer once it's been refrigerated overnight. Place the steamer upside down on a serving plate, gently pull on the paper strips and the cheesecake will ease away from the side of the steamer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Broccoli riceJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Nutella TiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chicken parmigianaYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021
- Our best banana breadJan 26, 2021
- Lamb rack with sourdough, lemon and herb crustJan 26, 2021
- Lamb chops with slow-roast tomatoesJan 26, 2021