- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill tips or mixed herbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 100 gram smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 125 gram cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped
- cracked pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 180ºC on fan bake. Spray two mini muffin trays with oil to lightly grease.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, salt and herbs.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until frothy, then add the salmon and capers, blending well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir lightly until just mixed.
- 4Spoon into the prepared tins, filling them about ¾ full, then bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and puffed.
- 5For the filling, mash the cream cheese, lemon zest, herbs and pepper together until smooth.
- 6Cut the tops off the muffins, and spoon the cream cheese filling into the centre. Put the top back on and serve warm.
I decided to put the salmon into the muffins – it means you only need a small amount and the flavour goes right through. Of course, you can add more for a garnish if you like! The cream cheese filling makes these muffins a bit more special, so they’re great for entertaining.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021