Roast nectarine tart
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (110g) icing sugar mixture
- 125 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cold water
- 1.6 kilogram small firm nectarines, halved
- 1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 90 gram butter, chopped
Roast nectarine tart
- 1Process flour, sugar, butter and egg yolk until combined. Add enough water to make the ingredients cling together.
- 2Knead the pastry gently on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic, refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper until large enough to line the base and sides of a 19cm x 27cm rectangular loose-based flan tin.
- 3Carefully, lift pastry into the tin and press into sides. Trim edge 5mm above the edge of tin. Place flan tin on an oven tray; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 5Cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake in moderate oven for 10 minutes, remove paper and beans or rice. Cover edge of pastry with strips of foil to stop over-browning; bake pastry for further 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool.
- 6Increase oven temperature to hot 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 7Place nectarines in a large baking dish and sprinkle with sugar and juice. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the nectarines are soft.
- 8In a medium pan, bring cream, milk, sugar and vanilla bean to the boil.
- 9Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in sifted cornflour.
- 10Gradually whisk in the hot milk mixture. Strain the mixture into the same medium pan; stir over a medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 11Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature.
- 12Spoon the creme patissiere into the pastry shell and refrigerate tart for about 30 minutes or until firm. Top with nectarines.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020