- 2 baby (size 5) chickens (also sold as spatchcock or poussin)
- 2 cup (140g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 40 gram butter, melted
- 1 medium (350g) leek, trimmed, rinsed
- 3 medium (360g) zucchini, quartered lengthways
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Roast chicken for two
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a small baking dish with baking paper. Rinse the chickens under cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- 2Combine the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, garlic and rosemary into a medium bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the melted butter and work it into the breadcrumbs. Fill the cavities of chickens with the breadcrumb mixture and tie the legs together.
- 3Cut the leek into 10cm lengths and slice into quarters lengthways. Line the base of the baking dish with the zucchini and leek. Sit the chickens on top of the vegetables, season with sea salt and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast for 50 minutes.
- 4Remove the chicken from the oven and drizzle with the lemon juice. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- 5Serve the chickens with the roasted vegetables and some of the pan juices.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020