- 1 medium red onion (170g), cut into wedges
- 250 gram (8 ounces) yellow patty-pan squash, halved
- 12 baby zucchini (120g), halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 275 gram (9 ounces) baby truss roma (egg) tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) red wine
- 700 gram (1½ pounds) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 500 gram (1 pound) rigatoni pasta
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh baby basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F.
- 2Place onion, squash, zucchini on a large oven tray; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Roast 20 minutes. Add tomatoes to tray, roast a further 10 minutes or until onion is golden and softened and tomatoes begin to split. Remove tomatoes from tray; cover to keep warm.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; add roasted zucchini and squash, cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add wine; cook until reduced by half. Add sauce; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced slightly. Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water 8 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- 5Serve pasta topped with sauce, roasted tomatoes and basil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019