- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 400 gram dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup (250ml) thick cream (48% fat content)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cointreau
- 1Position oven shelves; preheat oven to 180°C. Grease deep 22cm-round cake pan, line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. With motor operating, gradually beat in barely warm chocolate (see notes); beat until combined.
- 3Using metal spoon, gently fold in combined cream and liqueur. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 4Place pan in baking dish; pour enough boiling water into dish to come halfway up side of pan.
- 5Bake cake at 180°C for 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake about 30 minutes. Discard foil; cool cake in pan.
- 6Turn cake onto serving plate; cover, refrigerate overnight.
Melt chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl placed over saucepan of hot water. Do not allow water in pan to touch bottom of the bowl containing chocolate. You can also stand the heatproof bowl in a sink of hot water and stir the chocolate until it melts, or you can melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl cooked on high (100%) in the microwave, pausing to check the chocolate every 20 seconds. Any type of liqueur can be substituted for the citrus-flavoured Cointreau; you don't have to have a citrus flavour at all if you prefer some other taste such as rum or Frangelico, etc.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 29 fabulous fetta recipesJun 24, 2022
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022