- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon butter
- ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Lightly grease shallow ovenproof dish (4-cup capacity).
- 2Wash rice well under cold water; drain well. Combine rice, milk, sugar, sultanas and essence in prepared dish, mix lightly with a fork. Dot top with butter, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- 3Bake about 2 hours or until most of the milk has been absorbed.
- 4Serve warm or cold with fruit, if desired.
This creamy pudding is perhaps the most loved and homely of British desserts.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Custard tartToday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesToday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- Camp oven lamb roast with vegetablesMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Hasselback potatoesMay 28, 2020
- All the classic curry recipesMay 28, 2020
- Espresso martini cocktailMay 28, 2020
- Beef and mushroom family pieMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Mulled wineMay 28, 2020
- Vegetarian pasta recipesMay 28, 2020