- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon butter
- ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Lightly grease shallow ovenproof dish (4-cup capacity).
- 2Wash rice well under cold water; drain well. Combine rice, milk, sugar, sultanas and essence in prepared dish, mix lightly with a fork. Dot top with butter, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- 3Bake about 2 hours or until most of the milk has been absorbed.
- 4Serve warm or cold with fruit, if desired.
This creamy pudding is perhaps the most loved and homely of British desserts.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Healthy meal ideas when you don't know what to makeYesterday 5:27am
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019