Creamy vanilla rice pudding, served hot or cold is a favourite comfort food. This version has sultanas for bursts of sweetness. Serve topped with fruit or nuts.
- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon butter
- ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Lightly grease shallow ovenproof dish (4-cup capacity).
- 2Wash rice well under cold water; drain well. Combine rice, milk, sugar, sultanas and essence in prepared dish, mix lightly with a fork. Dot top with butter, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- 3Bake about 2 hours or until most of the milk has been absorbed.
- 4Serve warm or cold with fruit, if desired.
This creamy pudding is perhaps the most loved and homely of British desserts.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020