- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon butter
- ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Lightly grease shallow ovenproof dish (4-cup capacity).
- 2Wash rice well under cold water; drain well. Combine rice, milk, sugar, sultanas and essence in prepared dish, mix lightly with a fork. Dot top with butter, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- 3Bake about 2 hours or until most of the milk has been absorbed.
- 4Serve warm or cold with fruit, if desired.
This creamy pudding is perhaps the most loved and homely of British desserts.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What's in season in MarchYesterday 1:00pm
- Broccoli and Tom Yum prawn fried riceYesterday 5:12am
- Monte carlo biscuitsYesterday 3:00am
- Linguine with garlic prawns & chorizoYesterday 2:00am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 1:02am
- Chewy chocolate sliceFeb 26, 2020
- Chelsea bunsFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon pattiesFeb 26, 2020
- Salmon niçoise tray bakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla custard pieFeb 26, 2020
- Molten chocolate lava cakesFeb 26, 2020
- Mediterranean fish pieFeb 26, 2020
- Melt-and-mix strawberry yoghurt cakeFeb 26, 2020
- Vanilla panna cotta with berry compoteFeb 26, 2020
- White wine mussels with pearl couscousFeb 26, 2020