- 600 gram desiree potatoes
- 30 gram unsalted butter
- 30 gram grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 gram sea salt
- 60 gram '00' type flour
- semolina flour, to dust
- 1Cook potatoes slowly in their skins in water. Peel and dry out in oven to remove moisture.
- 2Puree potatoes in a mouli or ricer.
- 3Put puree in mixer with paddle blade on slow speed and add butter, cheese, egg yolk and salt. Add flour until the dough stops sticking to your fingers.
- 4Pull dough out and roll on a workbench dusted with semolina into 1cm thick logs, then cut at 1-inch intervals with a spatula. Roll each ball along the tines of a fork to form gnocchi shape.
- 5Blanch in boiling salted water until they float.
For variety, add 1 teaspoon of any finely chopped herb you wish, such as rosemary, thyme, sage or oregano, to the gnocchi dough. Potato should be mashed while hot, but it can be cooled slightly before being mixed with remaining ingredients.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019