Looking for more gnocchi recipes?
- 600 gram desiree potatoes
- 30 gram unsalted butter
- 30 gram grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 gram sea salt
- 60 gram '00' type flour
- semolina flour, to dust
- 1Cook potatoes slowly in their skins in water. Peel and dry out in oven to remove moisture.
- 2Puree potatoes in a mouli or ricer.
- 3Put puree in mixer with paddle blade on slow speed and add butter, cheese, egg yolk and salt. Add flour until the dough stops sticking to your fingers.
- 4Pull dough out and roll on a workbench dusted with semolina into 1cm thick logs, then cut at 1-inch intervals with a spatula. Roll each ball along the tines of a fork to form gnocchi shape.
- 5Blanch in boiling salted water until they float.
For variety, add 1 teaspoon of any finely chopped herb you wish, such as rosemary, thyme, sage or oregano, to the gnocchi dough. Potato should be mashed while hot, but it can be cooled slightly before being mixed with remaining ingredients.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021