- 600 gram desiree potatoes
- 30 gram unsalted butter
- 30 gram grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 gram sea salt
- 60 gram '00' type flour
- semolina flour, to dust
- 1Cook potatoes slowly in their skins in water. Peel and dry out in oven to remove moisture.
- 2Puree potatoes in a mouli or ricer.
- 3Put puree in mixer with paddle blade on slow speed and add butter, cheese, egg yolk and salt. Add flour until the dough stops sticking to your fingers.
- 4Pull dough out and roll on a workbench dusted with semolina into 1cm thick logs, then cut at 1-inch intervals with a spatula. Roll each ball along the tines of a fork to form gnocchi shape.
- 5Blanch in boiling salted water until they float.
For variety, add 1 teaspoon of any finely chopped herb you wish, such as rosemary, thyme, sage or oregano, to the gnocchi dough. Potato should be mashed while hot, but it can be cooled slightly before being mixed with remaining ingredients.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019