Looking for more gnocchi recipes?
- 600 gram desiree potatoes
- 30 gram unsalted butter
- 30 gram grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 gram sea salt
- 60 gram '00' type flour
- semolina flour, to dust
- 1Cook potatoes slowly in their skins in water. Peel and dry out in oven to remove moisture.
- 2Puree potatoes in a mouli or ricer.
- 3Put puree in mixer with paddle blade on slow speed and add butter, cheese, egg yolk and salt. Add flour until the dough stops sticking to your fingers.
- 4Pull dough out and roll on a workbench dusted with semolina into 1cm thick logs, then cut at 1-inch intervals with a spatula. Roll each ball along the tines of a fork to form gnocchi shape.
- 5Blanch in boiling salted water until they float.
For variety, add 1 teaspoon of any finely chopped herb you wish, such as rosemary, thyme, sage or oregano, to the gnocchi dough. Potato should be mashed while hot, but it can be cooled slightly before being mixed with remaining ingredients.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021