- 2 kilogram american-style pork spare ribs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) hoi sin sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Cut the ribs into individual pieces.
- 2In a large plastic resealable bag, combine remaining ingredients with the water. Add ribs, seal bag. Place bag in a bowl. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- 3Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Place ribs in a large baking dish, reserving marinade. Cover baking dish with foil, bake 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Meanwhile, transfer reserved marinade to a small pan. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, or until marinade is reduced by half.
- 5Remove foil from dish. Brush ribs with marinade. Bake, uncovered, a further 30 minutes, or until the marinade is dark and sticky.
- 6Serve ribs with potato wedges and salad, if desired.
To save you time and trouble, ask your butcher to cut the pork ribs into pieces. For ribs with a bit of a kick, add 1/4 cup hot chilli sauce to the marinade, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitToday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesYesterday 11:15pm
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019