Crystallised mint leaves
- 1 egg-white, beaten lightly
- 10 small fresh mint sprigs
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cup (440g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, extra
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 750 gram strawberries
- 1 medium (320g) pomegranate
- 1Make crystallised mint leaves: Spread a little egg-white with a brush over the surface of each leaf. Dip in caster sugar. Place on baking paper; stand until dry.
- 2Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a 26cm x 38cm swiss roll pan; line the base with baking paper, extending paper 3cm over long sides.
- 3Beat egg-whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a little at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved between additions and firm peaks have formed.
- 4Sift the cornflour over the mixture; add vinegar and vanilla, and very gently fold through the meringue. Spread mixture into the pan; bake for about 20 minutes or until just firm. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 5Place a clean tea towel on the bench; top with a sheet of baking paper, sprinkle with extra cornflour. Invert the pan so the pavlova turns out on top of the baking paper. Remove the lining paper; cool.
- 6In a small bowl, whip cream with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Slice one-third of the strawberries. Spread cream in a line along the long edge of the pavlova closest to you. Press the sliced strawberries into the cream.
- 7Carefully, using the tea towel and baking paper as a helping hand, roll the pavlova over the cream until it looks like a log. Carefully lift onto a serving plate with the join at the bottom.
- 8Slice the roulade and decorate with the remaining quartered strawberries, pomegranate seeds and crystallised mint leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Baker's dozen homemade croissantsJan 18, 2022
- Cauliflower mac 'n' cheeseJan 18, 2022