- 300 g firm tofu, drained
- 3 large portobello mushrooms (600g), chopped
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 200 g small button mushrooms
- 1¼ cups (320g) black bean and chipotle salsa
- ½ bunch coriander (cilantro), leaves reserved, stems and roots chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 trimmed cob of corn (250g), kernels removed
- 8 small white corn tortillas (200g)
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 1 large avocado (320g)
- 120 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1Crumble tofu into a large bowl, forming a mixture of large and small chunks. Add mushrooms, salsa and 2 tablespoons chopped coriander stems and roots; stir well to combine.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, heavy-based non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add half the mushroom mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and mushroom mixture. Return all mushrooms to the pan with corn; stir to combine. Season to taste. Remove pan from heat; cover to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over medium heat; cook tortillas, one at a time, for 30 seconds each side or until char marks appear. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- 4Process cottage cheese and avocado until smooth. Season to taste.
- 5Stir ½ cup coriander leaves through mushroom mixture; divide among tortillas. Top with tomatoes and remaining coriander leaves. Serve tacos with the avocado-cottage cheese, drizzled with extra oil, if you like.
If you like things spicy, add a pinch of dried chilli flakes or sliced fresh chilli to the mushrooms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm