Cheesy potato topping
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/3 cup warm milk
- 20 gram butter
Mini shepherd's pies with cheesy potato toppings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 gram beef mince
- 150 gram mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary salad, to serve
Mini shepherd's pies with cheesy potato topping
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Sauté onion, carrot and garlic for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- 2Add beef mince and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the lumps with the back of a spoon as it browns. Add mushroom and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, stock and worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, to make cheesy potato topping, place potato in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, covered. Partially remove lid and cook for 10-15 minutes until very tender. Drain well. Return to pan. Add cheese, milk and butter. Mash until smooth. Season to taste.
- 5Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Place 4 x 1-cup ramekins on a baking tray. Stir peas, parsley and rosemary into mince mixture. Divide between ramekins.
- 6Top mince mixture with potato mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serve with salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020