- 750 gram (1½ pounds) minced (ground) beef
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1 medium_piece brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 185 gram (6 ounces) canned evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, extra
- 1/4 cup (60ml) tomato sauce (ketchup), extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Oil 14cm x 21cm (5-inch x 8½-inch) loaf pan.
- 2Combine beef, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, sauces, milk and mustard in a medium bowl. Press mixture into pan. Turn pan upside-down onto a foil-lined oven tray. Leave pan in place. Cook 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine sugar, extra mustard and extra tomato sauce in a small bowl.
- 4Remove meatloaf from oven; remove pan. Brush meatloaf well with sauce mixture, return loaf to oven; cook, uncovered, 45 minutes or until meatloaf is well browned and cooked through. Serve meatloaf with rocket (arugula) leaves and cherry truss tomatoes, if you like.
Bake mini sized meatloafs in individual tins for 20 minutes
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019