- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium_piece (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 (130g) rindless bacon slices, chopped finely
- 500 gram (1 pound) minced (ground) beef
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 cup (500ml) beef stock
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 5 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan, add onion and bacon, cook, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef, cook, stirring, until browned. Add flour, cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Gradually stir in stock, paste and sauce, bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until thickened, season to taste. Cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Oil six ¾-cup (180ml) pie dishes.
- 3Cut six 15cm (6 inch) rounds and six 12cm (5 inch) rounds from pastry, press large rounds into base and sides of pie dishes. Prick bases with fork. Divide beef mixture between pie cases, brush edges with a little egg, top with small pastry rounds, pressing edges together firmly. Brush pies with egg, cut small slits in pastry tops.
- 4Bake about 30 minutes or until browned lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020