Why not make this cake using our unbeatable lemon curd recipe.
Serve the cake with dollops of whipped cream swirled with even more lemon curd, if you like.
- 185 g butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (160g) good-quality lemon curd
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 2 cups (320g) pure icing sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Grease an 18cm wide, 10cm deep round fluted cake pan well with butter; dust with a little flour, shake out excess.
- 2eat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the curd and rind and beat until combined. Fold in the milk and sifted flour alternately until the mixture is smooth. Spread the mixture into pan; smooth the surface.
- 3Bake the cake for 1 hour 20 minutes, covering loosely with foil if it starts to over-brown, or until
a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake in the pan for
20 minutes before turning it onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4Sift icing sugar into a medium bowl; stir in juice to form a smooth, thin glaze.
- 5Spoon Lemon Glaze over cake just before serving.
Undecorated cake suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesFeb 16, 2020
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesFeb 16, 2020
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltFeb 16, 2020
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesFeb 16, 2020
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeFeb 16, 2020
- Dark chocolate mud cakeFeb 16, 2020
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020