- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cup (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) rice flour
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 1/2 cup (160g) raspberry jam
- 1Beat butter, rind and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flours, in two batches. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Wrap dough in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 3Roll three-quarters of the dough between sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick; cut 20 x 6.5cm rounds from dough. Place rounds 4cm apart on oven trays.
- 4Roll remaining dough between sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 4cm holly cutter, cut out leaves from dough.
- 5Brush edge of each round of dough lightly with water; arrange leaves, overlapping slightly, around edge. Sprinkle leaves lightly with extra sugar. Spoon jam into the centre of each wreath.
- 6Bake about 20 minutes. Cool on trays.
Wreaths will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaAug 08, 2022
- Gluten free basic biscuitsAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022
- Veal braciole with rice and peasAug 08, 2022
- Beef mince and rice burritosAug 08, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022