- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small carrot (70g), chopped finely
- 1 small red capsicum (150g), chopped finely
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 500 gram lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon mild American-style mustard
- 1/2 cup (140g) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) beef stock
- 6 small orange sweet potatoes (1.5kg)
- 1/3 cup (35g) pizza cheese
- 1/3 cup micro parsley
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook onion, garlic, carrot, capsicum and celery, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Increase heat to high; add beef and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- 2Add mustard, sauce and stock to pan; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- 3Preheat grill.
- 4Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce all over with a fork. Wrap separately in plastic wrap; microwave on HIGH (100%) for 10 minutes or until tender. Cool for 5 minutes; remove and discard plastic wrap.
- 5For each sweet potato, cut a 2cm deep slit lengthways from one end to the other. Using a tea towel, gently squeeze the base of each sweet potato to open the top. Place on a foil-lined oven tray. Sprinkle sweet potatoes with cheese; place under the grill for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6Top sweet potatoes with beef mixture and parsley; serve.
This recipe is an excellent way to use up leftover bolognese sauce or taco meat.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019