Iced vovo slice
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (120g) coarse semolina
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup (20g) moist coconut flakes
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup vanilla extract
- few drops rose pink food colouring
Iced vovo slice
- 1Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan- forced). Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan. Line the base and long side with baking paper, allowing the paper to come 3cm above the top of the pan.
- 2Combine sugar, semolina, flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter; mix until well combined. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned. Cool.
- 3Meanwhile, to make pink marshmallow; combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan; sprinkle over gelatine. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to the boil; boil, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 7 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and transfer mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer. Cool to room temperature.
- 4Meanwhile, lift the base from the pan and place onto a board; spread with jam.
- 5Add vanilla and food colouring to gelatine mixture; beat on high speed until thick and fluffy. Spread marshmallow over jam, then sprinkle with coconut. Stand slice for 1 hour or until set before cutting.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spaghetti bologneseYesterday 1:00pm
- Indian rice saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chunky fig and vanilla jamYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy food bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- CevicheYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled mushrooms with soft-boiled dukkah eggs and crisp kaleYesterday 1:00pm
- Pancake recipesJan 22, 2021