Iced vovo slice
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (120g) coarse semolina
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup (20g) moist coconut flakes
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup vanilla extract
- few drops rose pink food colouring
Iced vovo slice
- 1Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan- forced). Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan. Line the base and long side with baking paper, allowing the paper to come 3cm above the top of the pan.
- 2Combine sugar, semolina, flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter; mix until well combined. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned. Cool.
- 3Meanwhile, to make pink marshmallow; combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan; sprinkle over gelatine. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to the boil; boil, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 7 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and transfer mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer. Cool to room temperature.
- 4Meanwhile, lift the base from the pan and place onto a board; spread with jam.
- 5Add vanilla and food colouring to gelatine mixture; beat on high speed until thick and fluffy. Spread marshmallow over jam, then sprinkle with coconut. Stand slice for 1 hour or until set before cutting.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadYesterday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesYesterday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020