We often forget about the humble pasty when it comes to using up the mince in the fridge. This homemade version is bursting with flavour and the goodness of vegies.
- 250 gram lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled, diced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled, diced
- 1/2 turnip, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoon water
- milk, for brushing
- tomato sauce, chutney, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2In a large bowl, mix together mince, vegetables, salt, pepper and parsley.
- 3Using a saucer as a guide, cut pastry into 4 rounds. Place some mince mixture onto one half of each pastry round.
- 4Brush around edge of pastry with water; bring edges together and shape into a semicircle. Pinch edges together to seal.
- 5Place pasties on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Prick each with a fork 4 or 5 times; brush with milk.
- 6Bake pasties 10 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced); cook a further 35 minutes.
- 7Serve pasties hot with tomato sauce or chutney.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021