We often forget about the humble pasty when it comes to using up the mince in the fridge. This homemade version is bursting with flavour and the goodness of vegies.
- 250 gram lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled, diced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled, diced
- 1/2 turnip, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoon water
- milk, for brushing
- tomato sauce, chutney, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2In a large bowl, mix together mince, vegetables, salt, pepper and parsley.
- 3Using a saucer as a guide, cut pastry into 4 rounds. Place some mince mixture onto one half of each pastry round.
- 4Brush around edge of pastry with water; bring edges together and shape into a semicircle. Pinch edges together to seal.
- 5Place pasties on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Prick each with a fork 4 or 5 times; brush with milk.
- 6Bake pasties 10 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced); cook a further 35 minutes.
- 7Serve pasties hot with tomato sauce or chutney.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamSep 24, 2020
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020